You will need a commission, bond, and stamp. We can provide all of these. There is paperwork you will have to fill out and you can either come into the store to complete it or we can mail or email it to you.

Yes. If you just need a stamp, you can order it by phone at 405-235-5319. If you need a bond as well, you will have to fill out our Commissioned Kit paperwork. You can come into the store to complete it or we can mail or email it to you.

Yes. You are required to complete new paperwork every four years. You can request renewal forms at or by calling us at 405-235-5319.

You can renew your notary 6 weeks before the expiration date. If we receive your renewal paperwork earlier than that, we will simply hold onto it until we hit the 6-week mark.

Yes, we have several notaries at the store. The cost is $5.00 per page notarized, and it is cash only. You will need to bring your ID.

No. There are several different companies around the country who mail out their own notary paperwork. We are the only company in Oklahoma that can provide you with a commission, bond, and stamp. If your paperwork is not labeled “Walker Companies,” it did not come from us.

You will sign in all four spots next to the red hands, and have the two signatures under the Oath of Office and Loyalty Oath notarized. If you come into the store to complete the bond, we can notarize your signatures for free. If you are renewing and you are going to continue using the same stamp or seal, please impress it in the bottom left hand corner of the bond where it says “Impress Your Seal Here.” If you are getting a new
stamp, you do not have to impress your marking device; we will do this for you when we make your new stamp or seal.

The Notary Public Association membership comes with a record book, a thumb print pad, a “Notary Public” sign, a notary identification card, and an annual newsletter. You are not required to purchase the membership, but it is recommended that you keep a log of your notary transactions.

Unfortunately, no. You can continue to use your current stamp or seal as long as you continue to sign with that name until you renew it (at which time, you can change your name at no extra charge or hassle), or you can obtain a totally new notary with your new name. If you choose the latter, once you have received your new stamp, you will have to contact the Oklahoma Secretary of State to resign your former commission

If it has been less than 6 months since your commission expired, you can still renew it.  There is a $5.00 expiration fee and your commission number and expiration date will change.  If it has been over 6 months, you will have to start over with the new notary paperwork.

The law does not forbid notaries from notarizing the signatures of relatives. However, if the notarized document was ever the subject of a court suit, a judge might determine the notary was not an impartial witness. If you are unsure of the legality of something you are notarizing for a relative, please call the Oklahoma Secretary of State at 405-521-2516.

The maximum fee a notary may charge and collect for each notarial act is five dollars ($5.00). Notaries are not required to charge a fee. If a fee is charged, it is recommended that it be recorded in the notary’s records. A notary CANNOT charge a fee for notarizing a signature on an absentee ballot.

Yes, you are a notary in and for the entire state of Oklahoma and may use your seal in any county in Oklahoma.

Your seal, or rubber stamp, must state your name exactly as it appears on your commission. It may also contain your commission number and expiration date, both now required to be on every document you notarize.

You must have a $1,000 bond on file with the Secretary of State. This bond must be re-filed every four years, along with your commission.

No, you should never notarize any signature that is not signed in your presence.

No, you are only notarizing the signature, not the document.

Your signature, seal or stamp impression, commission number and commission expiration date must appear on every document you notarize.

State law does not require that a notary keep a record of all official acts, but it is strongly recommended. Also, if you charge a fee for your notarization, it is a taxable fee, and you should keep a record of that income.

Your term of office is four years and you must renew your commission, bond and filing every four years.

If you need additional information, please call our notary division:
(405) 235-5319 ext. 3016
(800) 522-3015